Tottenham left it very late to beat PSV in midweek and they will be hoping to make it 4 wins on the bounce this Saturday when they play Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.
This game pits the out of form Crystal Palace against the in form Tottenham Hotspur. Both teams have had contrasting seasons so far and Mauricio Pochettino will be hoping to build on a good start and become genuine title challengers, whilst Roy Hodgson will be wanting his side to start picking points up sooner rather than later. A loss here could see them dragged into the relegation zone.
This could be a potential banana skin for Tottenham and Pochettino will identify Wilfried Zaha as the main threat. Sanchez and Alderweireld will have to be on top form to stop the tricky forward.
Crystal Palace Report
- Roy Hodgson has no fresh injury issues ahead of the London Derby. Christian Benteke, Joel Ward, Connor Wickham and Scott Dann however, are still unavailable for selection.
- Pochettino will be without Vincent Janssen, Mousa Dembele, Danny Rose, Jan Vertonghen and Eric Dier.
- Victor Wanyama will be hoping to be brought back into contention as he has restarted training back at Enfield.
- Match Facts
- Crystal Palace have not won any of their last 6 matches
- Crystal Palace have leaked at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches
- Crystal Palace have failed to score in their last 4 matches against Spurs
- Tottenham have been on great away form, winning 6 of their last 7 away games
- Tottenham have won 6 of their last 7 games against Crystal Palace
- If I was Poch my line-up would be;
- GK: Hugo Lloris
- RB: Kieran Trippier
- CB: Toby Alderweireld
- CB: Davinson Sanchez
- LB: Ben Davies
- CM: Harry Winks
- CM: Christian Eriksen
- RW: Erik Lamela
- CAM: Dele Alli
- LW: Lucas Moura ST: Harry Kane
- Tottenham have been on good goal scoring form as of late and Palace could see a repeat of what happened at Stamford Bridge last week.
- The added spice of it being a London Derby, could mean we could see challenges flying in and don’t be surprised to see Zaha winning a penalty for Palace.
- Spurs will frustrate Palace by keeping the ball from them and Poch’s game plan should be to try and quieten the Palace fans who can normally make it difficult for away teams with the noise they generate to back their team.
- This should be comfortable for Spurs in the North London Derby. Score Prediction: Palace 1-2 Spurs