High-flying Sheffield United side are preparing for another game on Saturday. This time their visitors are Hull who will try to spring a surprise or two.
Sheffield started this campaign slowly but are currently picking up a lot of pace. The team are sitting third in the table by goal difference and are ready to challenge for promotion. Their main weapon is their amazing attack but defensively they have to sort some issues to be as competitive as possible.
Midweek they showed some stability at the back though. After conceding a lot in previous games this time they kept a clean sheet. They played Blackburn on the road and won 0-2 with two strikes from experienced striker Billy Sharp in the second-half.
Hull City fans were hoping for different scenario this season. But their team are sitting 21st place just out of the drop zone. This is not the place for such team but currently this is the reality. The Tigers are going in a downward spiral at the moment and they need to somehow stop those bad results.
A midweek loss to Leeds was not really an unexpected result or a huge disappointment. The most disappointing part in it is that United won with just a single shot on target. Hull could have easily got away with a point but eventually had to settle for defeat. Roberts’ goal early in the second-half gave Leeds the much needed 3 points in their fight for the top.
Sheffield vs Hull: Head-to-head
- Sheffield have three straight victories scoring at least two goals in each
- Sheffield is unbeaten in four games at home winning three of them
- Hull have three straight losses on the road scoring just one goal
- Hull has won just one point in their last four games
- Last season each team won its home game against the other in the league, while Hull won on penalties in the Carabao Cup
- Each of the last five games between the sides at Bramall Lane finished with both teams finding the net
Sheffield vs Hull: Predictions
This game should be going in Sheffield’s favour. The Blades are playing with confidence and are looking particularly sharp. Hull has poor away record and struggles since the start of the campaign. Both sides have a tendency to make high scoring games so that is an alternative option.
Sheffield United 3 – 0 Hull City
Picture Credit: Sheffield United